Thursday, April 3, 2008

Week 37

Reuben and I ventured down to Duluth today for my 37 week check-up. The baby is doing great and things are about the same as last week. Our next appointment is next Friday. Because we live so far from the hospital, we've scheduled an Amniocentesis to test the maturity of Grete's lungs. If they are mature and she's still head down and ready to go, we'll induce that weekend. I'm hoping everything works out in our favor because Hwy 61 is about as bumpy as it can get. As I was driving down I was trying to figure out where I'd have to pull over and deliver our baby if I was in the middle of labor...Hey, you never know...it doesn't hurt to be prepared! I can always deliver in Grand Marais, but they don't have pain medication and I'm not prepared to do this labor thing naturally!!

My sister Lindsay had an ultra yesterday and her baby was laying sideways. This morning her doctor called and told her that she needed to go to Duluth and they were going to try to do an aversion to turn the baby head down, if that wasn't going to work they were going to do a c-section....Not what my sister was expecting. She and her husband Aaron ventured down to Duluth and checked in and the doctor did an ultra sound. Lo and behold, the baby moved and was back in the head down position! They were going to induce but the doctor decided to wait a few more days, so the poor girl is on her way home. What an emotional rollercoaster! At least that means she won't be delivering on her birthday (tomorrow). Who knows...maybe we'll be delivering the same day!!

No pictures today, but tomorrow it's suppose to be in the 40's and sunny. I'm sure we'll venture outside and we'll get the little ham to pose for some pics!

Love to all!!!
Brooke

No comments: