Sunday, April 13, 2008

One Down, One To Go

Baby Oscar, Mama and Daddy are doing great! Lindsay had Oscar via C-section yesterday afternoon. She had an ultrasound in the morning and he looked to be measuring around 9lbs 15oz! They started to induce her early yesterday morning and wasn't making too much progress. When the doctor found out how big the baby could potentialy be, they decided to go ahead with the C-section. He wasn't quite as big as the ultrasound had him but he was still a good size and a BEAUTIFUL healthy baby!!

I had an ultrasound done as well as an amnio yesterday to check lung maturity. Grete is weighing in around 7lbs 9oz, however her lungs are not quite ready. The doctor says she needs about a week longer. I have an appointment this Thursday to see where I am physically, I also got a prescription for some medicine to stop my contractions. It's gonna be a tough week, just because i've been contracting so much and RJ is getting more active by the hour. It will be nice to able to keep up with him again once this baby is here.

I've attached a few more pics of the Mielke Family and the newest addition!



No comments: