Monday, December 8, 2008

My baby boy turns 2 today!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY REUBEN JAMES!~ I can't believe that two years ago today, I was giving birth to a little baby six weeks premature and being scared out of my mind that he wouldn't be okay. I am so thankful to God and science and my in-vitro doctors, and all the staff at Mercy hospital. Today Reuben in a rambunctious little boy with oodles and oodles of energy and spunk and he is such a smart and independant little man! He likes to do everything himself...which drives me nuts half the time. He is so good to his baby sister and loves his grandpas and his mam-mams, and the eee aaas, and the moos! I look forward to the coming years and watching him grow up.
This morning he woke up and as I was in the kitchen making him his birthday waffles, I heard paper ripping. I looked into the living room and RJ was tearing into his gifts that were under the tree. He was allowed to open two presents. He loves the Dr. kit from Uncle John and Aunt Marcy and he "doctored" up his little sister this morning by taking her temp. and giving her a shot. :-) He also opened up his playdough activity set and we played with that all morning. He is now watching his favorite cartoon, "Oswald" and then we are going to start on his Train Cake.
Here are a few pictures from the past couple of years. Enjoy the day! I know we will!

RJ playing with his new birthday present


RJ getting bigger and bigger everyday!


RJ on his first birthday!


Opening gifts at his first birthday party


RJ's "Birth" day!


My little guy has come a long way!



No comments: