Friday, October 29, 2010

Inland Hurricane

We had a crazy storm on Wednesday. Historic low pressure system which the weather people compared it to a Category 3 hurricane. It was a blowin that is for sure. The waves rivaled that of the storm that took down the Edmund Fitzgerald. I have to say the lake was very impressive. We didn't have too much damage at our house, but the Lutsen cabin did not fare so well.....Actually, I should say the trees at the cabin didn't fare so well. Luckily the cabin and the study are structually okay. The study will probably need a new floor and the couch is a bit wet. Luckily, the windows were spared! I think the saddest part is that we lost the big ol tree next to the study. It was such a pretty tree, however, the view is even better now. Looks like Mark and I will be doing some clean up before the snow flies.
The wind took all the cobblestone and replaced it with sand. The next day the cobblestone was back. weird!

No more pretty tree :-( ...now firewood

A few trees missing


Another view

Bird house is still there!

Trees in front of study

Some wave action. This was when the lake was starting to lay down a bit. Some photos that other people captured were amazing!

No comments: