Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter 2009

We decided at the last minute that we were in desperate need of a break. I was on the verge of cracking after having a really rotten start to the week. We left on a mini vacation Wednesday after Mark got home from work. We drove to Osseo, WI and stayed at a hotel. In the morning we got up and drove to Milwaukee to check out the Public Museum there. My dad took me there was I was little and it left quite and impression on me. We all enjoyed it and RJ LOVED running from exhibit to exhibit. Is favorite was the Tyrannosaurus Rex eating a dinosaur. It had a light show and sound and he was just mesmerized! After the museum we drove back towards Madison and stopped at Grandma Doll's to say hi to everyone and have dinner. We stayed at my aunt Chrissy's and the kids had a ton of fun running around her big ol house. Friday we hung out at my aunt Darlene's, went to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch and just relaxed. (I watched the movie Twilight while the kids took a nap) ...that series has sucked me in! I've read the first two books in a matter of days and I'm just starting the 3rd book.
Saturday we started the day with an Easter Egg hunt at the park. RJ found 4 eggs and got to see the Easter bunny. I think his highlight was just being outside and playing on the slides, we then went to the zoo with Auntie Lindsay and Sammy and Jimmy (and dad) later we had Easter dinner at Grandma Doll's house. It was such a nice day that RJ got to play outside the whole time. Grete even crawled around in the grass.
Sunday we got up, went to church, did a little birthday shopping for the babies (Oscar and Grete) and then headed home. I'm so glad we were able to get out of town even if it was just to Wisconsin. Mom needed it!!!

(Unfortunately, my camera broke on Friday night so I don't have many pictures to share...Hopefully I'll be able to get a new one here soon.
Madison zoo

Rj playing on a big bug

Heading to Madison

Morning bath at the hotel

My dirty boy

Grete at Museum

This girl LOVES the swing!

She's just so happy to be outside

Miller Park

Where the Bucks play

I wouldn't want to meet one of these on a walk!

RJ's favorite exhibit

This is what RJ thought of the dinosaurs

They were out!

Such a happy little Oscar!

Oscar walking around grandma Doll's house

Payton and Grete

Little Miss Payton

No comments: