Thursday, June 18, 2009

Around the house

We are finally having some nice days now, so we've been able to get out into the yard and play a little bit. I've been working on my gardens with is a never ending thing. The previous owners were retired and spent every waking moment out there. I do not have that time but since the kids want to be outside quite a bit, I'm able to keep up with it a little bit.
There use to be grass here but we filled it in with gravel. Daisy was using it as her personal bathroom and killed all the grass. It looks so much better now and hopefully she'll find somewhere else to do her business. ...All that we have left now is to repaint the porches.

Side porch

My lupines are starting to bloom!

...as well at the lilacs!

The 8'x8' sandbox. It took 2 yards of sand to fill it. I thought it was too big at first but once you get all their toys in there, it really fills up fast.
My sister's boyfriend trapped these for me. I am going to cook up these guys for dinner tonight and see how they taste. I've heard that MN crawfish are better that LA crawfish...we'll see!

Cow skull from Hunger Creek Ranch, TX

My apple blossoms!

No comments: