After a pleasant day in Grand Marais, Mark and I were getting the kids ready for bed. I had just finished giving Grete and RJ a bath when the phone rang. It was my sister Lindsay telling us that Aaron's fire pager just went off and there was a report of a structure fire in Lutsen...Fire number 5256...which is the fire number to the Youngdahl family cabin! I quickly called the police station to confirm the residence. The dispatcher said the property was registered under a Paul Youngdahl (Steve, we gotta get that changed) Now, panic sets in. I called Lindsay and my parents and all of them rushed over so that they could watch the kids while Mark and I drove to Lutsen. We had no idea what was going on, or what was actually burning.
Then we see a cop fly by as well as an ambulance.....I'm almost in tears thinking we are going to get there and see the cabin up in flames....again (This poor cabin burned in the 80's from lightning)....We are almost to Cascade and my phone rings and it's Lindsay again. She said the dispatcher just called to tell her that the call was cancelled! It seems that the neighbor decided to burn his brush pile (among other things) on the beach tonight. The flames were so huge that people on the highway thought a house was on fire...Didn't anyone tell that guy he has to let the police know before he lights that thing?
I'm just thankful it wasn't the cabin...what a night!
No comments:
Post a Comment