
I think I made this blog about 6 months ago along with probably 4 other blogs on other websites, and of course completely forgot about it! So here I am again to try and resurrect the thing.
We have had quite the interesting year. Our son, Reuben was born 6 weeks early so instead of coming into the new year anticipating the birth of our firstborn, we said goodbye to 2006 with a beautiful, healthy and very small baby! This year has seen a few changes, Mark got back into his field of finance and is now working at the GM State bank. He's got a great future in banking and we are very lucky that he has a steady job in this tiny town we live in. He learned a lot in the construction field, (I'm hoping enough to build our next house) but it's nice to know that he's finally somewhere where he is appreciated!

I've added full-time mommy to my list of jobs. I'm still selling real estate but we all know how the market is this year so all I have to say is, anyone needing to sell or buy, you've got my number and I would love to represent you!
This spring our county had one of it's worst forest fires on record, 160+ structures were burned including our family's bunkhouse and all 46 acres at the end of the Gunflint Trail. Luckily it was just a small branch of the family business, but it's still a very painful thing to go thru. Our family built that building 20 years ago, I even pounded a few nails! The end of the Gunflint Trail looks like a bomb hit, but out of tragedy we find beauty. New life has sprung, the oldest rock on earth is exposed and extraordinary discoveries were made including evidence of a meteorite that hit billions of years ago!
Summer was slow tourism-wise. I think the fire scared people away, hopefully our winter proves to be better!


Late this summer Mark and I got the surprise of our lives! I discovered I was pregnant with our 2nd child! That was a big shock considering Reuben took 5 1/2 years, thousand of dollars and lots of fertility drugs to finally conceive that little miracle! We feel very blessed and are very excited (and relieved that this time around it was free)! I'm more than happy to have my children close together. I just have to say though, if I'm pregnant 3 years in a row on my birthday, someone is going to get hurt!
Fall has been a busy time for all of us, Real Estate has picked up a bit, Reuben is getting more mobile everyday and getting into EVERYTHING! Deer season starts next weekend so Mark and my sisters are busy getting stands ready, rifles sited in, and whatever it is they do to get ready! We are looking forward to a long weekend in Austin, TX the beginning of November, and my favorite time of the year is just around the corner! Hopefully, I'll be able to keep this blog going, it's such a great way to keep everyone updated. Maybe I'll see your own blogs on here someday!
Much love to all,
Brooke, Mark, and RJ
We have had quite the interesting year. Our son, Reuben was born 6 weeks early so instead of coming into the new year anticipating the birth of our firstborn, we said goodbye to 2006 with a beautiful, healthy and very small baby! This year has seen a few changes, Mark got back into his field of finance and is now working at the GM State bank. He's got a great future in banking and we are very lucky that he has a steady job in this tiny town we live in. He learned a lot in the construction field, (I'm hoping enough to build our next house) but it's nice to know that he's finally somewhere where he is appreciated!

I've added full-time mommy to my list of jobs. I'm still selling real estate but we all know how the market is this year so all I have to say is, anyone needing to sell or buy, you've got my number and I would love to represent you!
This spring our county had one of it's worst forest fires on record, 160+ structures were burned including our family's bunkhouse and all 46 acres at the end of the Gunflint Trail. Luckily it was just a small branch of the family business, but it's still a very painful thing to go thru. Our family built that building 20 years ago, I even pounded a few nails! The end of the Gunflint Trail looks like a bomb hit, but out of tragedy we find beauty. New life has sprung, the oldest rock on earth is exposed and extraordinary discoveries were made including evidence of a meteorite that hit billions of years ago!
Summer was slow tourism-wise. I think the fire scared people away, hopefully our winter proves to be better!



Late this summer Mark and I got the surprise of our lives! I discovered I was pregnant with our 2nd child! That was a big shock considering Reuben took 5 1/2 years, thousand of dollars and lots of fertility drugs to finally conceive that little miracle! We feel very blessed and are very excited (and relieved that this time around it was free)! I'm more than happy to have my children close together. I just have to say though, if I'm pregnant 3 years in a row on my birthday, someone is going to get hurt!
Fall has been a busy time for all of us, Real Estate has picked up a bit, Reuben is getting more mobile everyday and getting into EVERYTHING! Deer season starts next weekend so Mark and my sisters are busy getting stands ready, rifles sited in, and whatever it is they do to get ready! We are looking forward to a long weekend in Austin, TX the beginning of November, and my favorite time of the year is just around the corner! Hopefully, I'll be able to keep this blog going, it's such a great way to keep everyone updated. Maybe I'll see your own blogs on here someday!
Much love to all,
Brooke, Mark, and RJ
No comments:
Post a Comment